1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I spent an entire year home with my daughter.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly can’t remember what resolutions I made for this year, if any. If I did, I didn’t blog about them.
For next year, I want to continue blogging on a regular basis, really work on losing weight and spend as much time as possible with Lucy. I am blessed to be able to stay home with her, and I need to take advantage of every second I have here. Life goes by so quickly.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law and two good friends of ours.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandpa. I miss him every single day.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have in 2012?
To be out of credit card debt and to be able to add onto our house.
7. What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
March 11, when my grandpa died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
Being a SAHM/WAHM for an entire year. This is not an easy job, people. I used to think it was. Boy, was I wrong.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not playing as much with Lucy as I know I should have and wish I had.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had sinus surgery, if that counts.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Honestly, we didn’t buy many “big” things this year, which is good. We’re trying to be more savers than spenders.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband. He is such an amazing Daddy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Legislators who thought they had the right to tell women what to do with their bodies and who look out for themselves rather than their constituents.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying down credit cards.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Paying off a couple of credit cards and Lucy’s birthday. I always love throwing her a fabulous party.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Call Me Maybe. I don’t know why, but I really like that song. It’s pretty catchy.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Playing more with Lucy rather than having her do independent play, sticking to a budget.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Playing on my computer and phone.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent with as we always do – with my family in Tennessee.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
I fell in love with my husband and daughter more every day.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, man. The Bachelor/Bachelorette, Survivor, Big Brother, Top Chef, Next Iron Chef, How I Met Your Mother, Raising Hope – just to name a few!
23. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read as much as I have in past years, but I did read some Janet Evanovich books that I loved.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This bluetooth speaker that we got from Best Buy to play music off our phones. It’s awesome!
25. What did you want and get?
To begin getting out of credit card debt.
26. What did you want and not get?
To be able to add onto the house and try to get pregnant again.
27. What was your favorite film of 2012?
Argo. Fantastic movie.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32. We had our traditional breakfast at a local place where they painted my name on the truck and then went out to dinner.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to expand our house and family.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012?
“Mom” clothes – I wear jeans and t-shirts a lot.
31. What kept you sane?
My husband and friends.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
33. Who did you miss?
My sister and grandpa.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Life goes by quickly.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I won’t give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I’m giving you all my love
I’m still looking up