Green Beans Almondine: Easy Side Dish
I love green beans, and there’s nothing better than fresh green beans with a meal. I recently had a craving for green beans, but I wanted to do something different, so I thought I’d give Green Beans Almondine a try.
This is a simple dish that doesn’t take long to make and is oh-so-good. Just cook your green beans until almost done and saute your almonds. Then, add the green beans to the pan with your cooked almonds and cook both together for a few minutes.
Easy side dishes are something I’m always looking for since weeknights get so busy, and this is one that’s pretty quick to make and is going on our rotation. It would look impressive when you have guests over to eat, too. We love to pair this with roasted potatoes, mushrooms and chicken cooked in the cast iron skillet. Not only is this dish delicious, but it’s nice and bright, too – the perfect way to add color to your meal. Your guests will think you slaved away at this dish!
If you give this recipe a try, come back and let us know what you thought about it in the comments. I hope you love it as much as we do!
Don’t miss out on the other recipes we’ve shared, too.
Green Beans Almondine
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- lemon juice
- Prep the green beans by trimming the ends.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the green beans until they are bright green. You don't want to cook them completely because they will continue cooking when you mix them with the almonds.
- In a skillet, melt your butter and toast the almonds until they brown. Add the green beans, and drizzle lemon juice. Use as much or as little as you want.
- Cook the green beans and almonds together until the beans are as hot as you like.
- Serve and enjoy! I love almonds, so I like to sprinkle extra on my serving!