I love green beans, and there’s nothing better than fresh green beans with a meal. I recently had a craving for green beans, but I wanted to do something different, so I thought I’d give Green Beans Almondine a try.
This is a simple dish that doesn’t take long to make and is oh-so-good. It is definitely one that’s going on our rotation!
Green Beans Almondine
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- lemon juice
- Prep the green beans by trimming the ends.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the green beans until they are bright green. You don't want to cook them completely because they will continue cooking when you mix them with the almonds.
- In a skillet, melt your butter and toast the almonds until they brown. Add the green beans, and drizzle lemon juice. Use as much or as little as you want.
- Cook the green beans and almonds together until the beans are as hot as you like.
- Serve and enjoy! I love almonds, so I like to sprinkle extra on my serving!