The bleeding increased a bit yesterday, so I called the doctor and she wanted me to get checked out. I tried to get it pushed off until today when I could go into the office, but since I had bleeding earlier in the pregnancy she didn’t feel comfortable waiting a day. So, off we went.
The good news? I did lose my plug and definitely had the bloody show, which the doctor mentioned twice. And, we have progress! I am 1 cm dilated and 80 percent effaced, and Lucy is at -1 station. I know the dilation means nothing at this point, but I was contracting *very* regularly, so they don’t think it will be much longer before she arrives. At this point it could be between a couple of days to a couple of weeks from now. Good answer, huh? Joe thinks it will be this week. I think it might be next week. At any rate, they definitely think it will be before Thanksgiving.
The bad news? The nurse couldn’t find my cervix. She rooted around for at least five minutes before saying she needed backup. I told her I was pretty sure I had one. And no, she wasn’t new. She has been at that hospital for 8 years and worked at the hospital here in Cartersville before that. Luckily, the other nurse and the doctor found it quite easily.
So now, we wait.