I am a really picky eater. I’ll be the first to admit that. So, while I was making the Zucchini-Corn Cannelloni dish I saw in Vegetarian Times, I was feeling a little nervous that I wouldn’t like it. I don’t know why – the only ingredients were zucchini, corn and pasta, all of which I love – but I still did.
I didn’t have to be worried, though, because it was fabulous. Seriously. I used 6 lasagna noodles cut in half to make 12 cannellonis, and Joe and I demolished them last night. Next time, I think I’m going to add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Yum! Oh, and spinach! Wow. That sounds fantastic. Wonder if the hubby would mind the same dish for dinner again tonight. Lol.
6 lasagna noodles
1/2 can corn
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
2. Dice zucchini into small pieces, and fry it and the corn in oil until vegetables have brown marks.
3. Drain lasagna noodles. Put them in large bowl of cold water, then drain again and pat dry.
4. Cut lasagna noodles in half width-wise, put vegetable filling in center, and roll up. Put in baking dish seam side down.
5. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Top with shredded cheese if desired. Bake until cheese melts and sauce bubbles.
If you like this recipe, PIN IT!